Cruelty Free Products
Facts about Animal Testing and Consumer Products
- Testing on animals is NOT a government requirement. Companies decide to test their products on animals
- Alternatives Exist: Episkin, as well as other technologies that mimic the human body and skin are being developed
- HSUS Chart on What animals are used in testing and what they endure.
- Animals used for testing are not covered under any animal welfare laws. Essentially, they have no protection.
How Can I Show My Support for Cruelty Free Products?
- Sign petitions: HSUS - Leaping Bunny
- Think before you shop - take the little extra time to make sure you vote with your dollar for cruelty free products!
- Write letters to companies telling them you want products that do not involve animal cruelty
- Write to stores requesting they carry more cruelty free products - thank the ones that do!
- Places to shop in Grand Rapids include: Treehuggers and Harvest Health. Look for some products at Meijer and Family Fare too!